Sweet and Salty Caramelised Jerusalem Artichoke
- A handful of jerusalem artichoke pieces
- Vegetable oil to deep-fry
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
Directions1. Peel the skin of jerusalem artichoke and cut into small bite sized. Soak in water to remove tannin for some minutes. Set aside over a kitchen towel.
2. Deep-fry artichoke pieces in a small pan filled with 1cm depth of vegetable oil over small-medium temperature.
4. In a small frying pan, add sugar and 1 tablespoon of water and make it caramel over medium temperature. Add honey in the end then turn off the heat.
5. Add artichoke pieces and soy sauce in the caramel pan. Mix well. Top with sesame seeds to serve.
Time to prepare: 25 minutes
Total cost: Less than 2 pounds