a pinch of Chilli flakes (this time I didn't involve this for my toddler)
Directions 1. Slice mackerel into 1.5-2cm or into large bite sized. To remove the fishy smell, put pinches of salt over the mackerel and leave them for 3-4 mints.
2. Heat up a frying pan and fry spinach with a pinch of salt over medium temperature.
3. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the spinach for 1-2 mints over small heat. Then set it aside.
4. Dust mackerel pieces with corn flour lightly.
5. Wipe the frying pan with a paper towel, add 1.5 tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat it up over medium temperature. Fry mackerel pieces with chilli until the surface colour turns gold. Then cover the frying pan with a lid.
6. Cook mackerel pieces over small heat for 2-3 mints.
7, Add soy sauce, sugar and mirin to dress mackerel (and chilli flakes). Turn off the heat.
8. Add the spinach and mix to serve.
Nice to serve either in hot or cold.
Great for the lunchbox contents, too.
Time to prepare: 25 minutes
Total cost: 2.7 pounds (1.7 for mackerel fillet, 1 for spinach)