Chicken and Toasted Cashew Nuts Stir Fry with Oyster Sauce
- Chicken thigh: 2 pieces
- Salt: pinches
- Mirin: 1 tablespoon
- Grated garlic: 1 teaspoon
- Grated ginger: 1 teaspoon
- Corn flour (to dust chicken): 1 tablespoon
- Spring onion: 2 pieces
- Zucchini: 1/2
- Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
- Bamboo shoots: 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts: a handful
- Soy sauce: 1tablespoon
- Oyster sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Chicken stock cube: 1/4
- Sesame oil: 1 teaspoon
- Hot water: 200cc
1. Cut chicken thigh into small bite sized pieces and dress with salt, mirin, grated garlic and ginger in a bowl.
2. Cut zucchini and spring onion into 1cm cube/length. Heat up a frying pan and stir fry veggies with vegetable oil. Set these veggies aside.
3. Dust the chicken pieces with corn flour. Stir fry them to brown. Meanwhile, toast cashew nuts in a separate pan or in oven.
4. Once the meat is ready, add veggies and seasoning into the pan. Bring it to boil.
5. Add toasted cashew nuts to mix.
Total cost of the dish: 2.4 pounds (1.7 for chicken thigh and 0.7 for the rest of the ingredients)