Baby Food: Tofu Steak
- 1-2 sliced tofu in 1cm thin
- 1 table spoon of corn flour to dust tofu
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour for sauce
- 1 tablespoon of minced meat (chicken, pork or beef)
- 4-5 cm of spring onion
- 2-3 cm of carrot piece
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Mirin
- pinch of salt
- 80cc of water
1. Drain the extra moisture of tofu with a kitchen paper and dust tofu with corn flour.
2. Heat up a frying pan and fry the tofu till it gets nice brown.
3. Cook meat, carrot and spring onion in boiled water then cut or mash into pieces.
4. Put the meat, veggies, water, soy sauce and mirin in a small to boil. Dissolve cornflour with a tablespoon of water and pour into the pan to thicken the sauce. Add salt if required.
5. Serve the tofu steak topped with the sauce.
|Menu: Tofu Steak, Okayu (Rice porridge), Miso soup with winter cabbage, Yogurt|
Total time to prepare: 15 mints