Miso-Butter Salmon grilled in a foil
Salmon with skin is essential food in lifting up your face especially in winter as I introduced last year.
One thing to remind is, in this kind of preparation which does not involve direct contact with flame, make sure the salmon skin is scaled thoroughly.
Ingredients for two
- Two pieces of salmon
- One large onion
- Two tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of miso
- 1tablespoon of mirin (if not, 1 tablespoon of water and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of soysauce
- Shiitake mushroom (if available)
- Broccoli (if available)
1. Mix miso, mirin and soy sauce in a bowl.
2. Slice onion as thin as possible. Cut shiitake into 5mm. Cut broccoli into small bite sized.
3. Place two pieces of foil and put onion, shiitake, one piece of salmon, butter and broccoli. Pour the half amount of miso-sauce into each.
4. Close the sides of foil and place two pieces of foiled stuff in a large frying pan.
5. Heat up the pan over high heat. Once the contents sound boiled, turn the heat into lowest and cook them for 10 mins.
I sometimes add chopped parsley and cheese. The juice from salmon and miso-butter caramels onion. This is very very tasty!!
Total cost: 5 pounds (4.5 for salmon, 0.3 for onion, 0.2 for other ingredients)
Total time to prepare: 20 mints