Baby food from leftover rice
Japanese baby usually start their solid food with rice porridge called Okayu.
Ingredients of Okayu for baby
- Cooked rice
- 2-3 times of water from the volume of the rice
1. Add the rice and water in a pan and start to heat them up till they get boiled
2. Make the heat small and keep boiling till the rice gets sticky and starched. This condition is known as Okayu for adults.
3. Turn the heat off and blend the Okayu to smooth
4. Once it gets cool, it's ready to serve for baby.
Time to prepare: 15 mints
As the starch is converted into sugar, it is very tasty and smooth.