Christmas Roast Leftover Remake 1: Roast goose bone stock and soup reicpes
After curving, leftover roast poultry got varieties of ways to utilise.
Let's start with the bone!
It makes a beautiful stock!!
1. Cut the portion into pieces to fit in a deep pan
2. Add spring onion, ginger, celery, bay leaf, etc. Fill the pan with cold water until the depth of the bone pieces. Cook it over medium temperature until just before it gets boiled
3. Turn the heat into as minimum as possible. Skim scam and fat when they appear over surface. Make sure the stock is not boiled. To attain clear, flavourful stock, it should be cooked very gently!!
4. Roughly 1 hour later, the stock is reduced into 3/5 amount from the original. Turn the heat off and shift the stock in a bowl through a net.
A beautiful, golden stock is ready!!
The stock can be preserved in freezer.
Goose Stock recipes
Ginger and corn soup
As ginger keeps your body warm, this soup is perfect in winter.
|Ginger Corn soup matches well to chahan (stir fried rice) |
For chahan recipe: http://japanesegourmet.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Chahan
Ingredients (for two people)
- 250cc of goose stock
- 1 spring onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 100cc of sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1.5 tablespoon of corn flour (to thicken the spoup)
- 1 egg (beaten)