Leftover tonkatsu remake: Tonkatsu omelette on rice (Katsudon)
- tonkatsu bites 3-4 pieces
- 1/2 round onion
- 2 eggs
- 150cc dashi (Japanese fish stock or 150cc water +dashi powder)
- 1.5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons of mirin
- two bowls of cooked rice
- black seaweed paper to top
1. Slice onion as thin as possible. Add soy sauce, mirin and dashi in a small frying pan or shallow small pan. Bring them into gently boil over medium temperature until the onion pieces become translucent2. Cut tonkatsu into 1.5 cm width and add into the pan to boil
3. Beat eggs in a bowl and pour over tonkatsu in the pan
4. Close the pan with a lid and gently cook the egg over small temperature for 1.5-2 mins
5. Put warm rice in bowls and place tonkatsu omelette over each rice portion. Serve it with shredded nori.
I also made nachos chips salad. Just put some nachos chips, salad vegetables (lettuce, avocado, tomato, boiled carrot, boiled shimeji mushroom, dill) and one tablespoonful of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of vinegar in a bowl. Combine all ingredients well to serve.
Mr. Husband enjoyed katsudon.
Total time to prepare: 10 mins
Total cost: Extremely cheap