Sesame Tofu (Saturday, longtime ago)I've been sick and didn't have energy to upload my blog.
Sorry for being away and thank you so much for reading my blog.
Some weeks ago, we got a young beautiful couple.
I introduce an appetiser "Sesame Tofu" that I often make when I receive guests. We had nice sashimi from Atariya to go nicely with the sesame tofu.
- 1 cup (200-240cc) of soy milk
- 2 tablespoons of sesame paste (Tahini)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 7-8g of gelatine
- broad beans (removed out from pods and peeled the skin)
- 100cc water
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water)
1. Soak the leaf gelatine in 1 cup of cold water and leave it for 1-2 mins to ready. In using powered gelatine, add 1 tablespoon of water to absorve,2. Heat up soy milk in a pan at small temperature, if it gets warm, add sesame paste and mix well to combine for 3-4 mins. Make sure the milk doesn't get boiled
3. Leave the pan from the heat, add gelatin and salt to dissolve. To avoid sesame paste and soy milk set separately, I suggest to place the pan in cold water to let it cool while stirring the tofu-milk frequently
4. Prepare a container and place a cling film to cover the bottom and sides. This process makes the tofu to take out from the container easier5. Pour the milk into the container through a net
6. Leave the tofu in the fridge at least for 3 hours to set
7. Once the tofu sets, lift the cling film out from the container to take the tofu out
8. Cut the tofu
9. Heat up the all ingredients of sauce at medium temperature, add broad beans to cook while the sauce gets thick
10 . Pour the sauce over each piece of tofu to serve.
Time to prepare: 20 mins for making tofu and 3 hours to set and dress the sauce
Total cost: less than 1 pound