Miso-Mackerel (dinner 13 Sep)
Got a beautiful guest (sorry for no picture of her).
Potato-headed Mr. Husband seemed excited, too.
Had very fresh mackerel from local fish market,
Miso-Mackerel is very popular autumn dish.
<Slice Mackerel into 3 layers>
1. Chut off the head, dorsal and pectoral fins. Make the angle of knife flat or close the horizontal and slice the layer by following the centre bone2. Put the curved layer aside, turn over the rest of body and again, slice it in the same way
3. Curve the small side bones to remove
4. Remove the remained centre bones (better to use bone removal tweezer)
<Prepare for cooking>
5. Cut one piece into half and make a small cross-shaped cutting in the middle of each piece
6. Place all pieces in a net, power boiled water over them to both sides. This process helps to remove fishy smell
<Cook the mackerel>
- 3 tablespoons of Miso
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon of Mirin
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 120cc of water
- 5 pieces of thin sliced ginger
9. Place mackerel pieces in the way the skin sides are facing up and bring them into gentry boil for 15-20 mins. Occasionally pour the sauce over the skin side.
Miso-Mackerel nicely goes with white rice.
I cannot think any other thing to eat with at the moment.
Perhaps I should explore such as miso-mackerel burger, etc.
The way to recycle head of mackerel was invented.
Mainly aiming to scare Mr. Husband.
Total cost: 3 pounds (2 for mackerel, 1 for other veggies)
By the way,
I always wanted to say
thank you so much
for reading my silly blog.