Summer noodle with juicy chicken breast in sesame sauce (Dinner 24 July)
|Summer noodle, corn soup, and stir-fried kimuchi |
(Korean pickle) with pork and egg
Japanese summer is very hot and humid. People cool down themselves with the cold noodle dish known as "Hiyashi-Chuuka (Chilled Chinese)".
Here in London, I named it "Summer Noodle".
Also, I found an interesting article that "how to make a juicy chicken breast?" in a Japanese cookery magazine, Orange Page (2 May 1012, p.33-37). I try this to my Summer Noodle.
Directions of juicy chicken breast
1. Place a chicken breast (200g) in the bottom of a pan and fill with the water (about 450cc) or the until the depth of the top of the chicken, add 1 teaspoon of salt
2. Start to heat the pan in low temperature until it gets boiling, then turn over the chicken to the other side. Keep boiling it for 1 min. Then turn the heat off and cover the pan with a lid immediately
3. Leave the pan with a lid and allow it cool (about for 10 mins)4. Take the chicken out and wipe it with kitchen paper.
|A juicy, fluffy chicken breast is ready!!|
Ingredients of Summer Noodle (except the chicken)
Noodles and toppings: Chinese noodles (200g), 1/3 cucumber (long thin striped), tomatoes, spring onion string (the leftover from yesterday), 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, 4 okuras (cooked in boiling water for 2 mins), aubergine (thinly sliced and deep-fried)
Dressing: 2 tablespoons of soy-sauce, 1 tablespoon of mirin, 2 tablespoon of sesame oil, 2 tablespoon of vinegar (white), 1.5 teaspoons of Tahini (or sesame paste), 1.5 tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger, 1/4 clove of grated garlic, 60cc of cold water, (grated sesame seeds)
1. Boil the noodles in plenty of water (for 2-3 mins, or read the direction of the product), drain the water and wash them in running water immediately through a net till they get cold. Drain well and dress the noodles with 1 teaspoonful of vegetable oil to avoid them sticking together2. Cut the topping veggies in thin stripe (except tomatoes)
3. Mix all ingredients of sauce in a bowl
3. Put the portion of noodles per person on a large plate, top the veggies fishing with spring onion string and coriander
5. Pour the dressing on the top and dust the top of the dish with grated sesame seeds.
I've been avoiding to use chicken breast since usually it gets dry in cooked. This methodology rescued me from feeling guilty to use chicken thighs, the oily part for the most of my chicken menus!
Summer Noodle is also helpful to use up the tiny left pieces of veggies.
Total time to prepare: 30 mins
Total cost:5.5 pounds (1.50 for noodles, 2 for chicken breast, 2 for other veggies)