Anchovy-tomato cappellini and deep-fried aubergine salad (Dinner 26 June)
This pasta sauce is wonderful. IT is tasty, economical, easy and quick to prepare and also healthy. The perfume of truffle oil makes it luxury.... it never missed the appreciation from the company who share this menu.
Anchovy-tomao cappelliniIngredients (two people): 200g capellini, 300g canned plum tomatos, 1 cube of garlic, 1/2 round onion, 4 slices of oiled anchovy, truffle oil, salt and black pepper
- Boil 4L of water in a big deep pan
- Chop onion and garlic as small as possible
- Open the can of plum tomatoes and remove out seeds with a folk (this process can be skipped in the case of hurry)
- Heat up a large frying pan over medium temperature and power 2 table spoonfuls of olive oil. Put onion and garlic and fry them until the onion gets translucent
- Add the tomato and gently boil them for 20 mints and turn off the heat
- Chop anchovy into small pieces and add into the sauce with some back pepper
- (Cook pasta) add 1 tablespoonful salt into the large deep pan and start to cook the pasta for 1.2 mins or until to the al-dente condition
- Take the pasta out from the pan and add into the sauce to dress
- Top the pasta with 1 tablespoon of truffle oil to serve.
Total time for preparation: 30 mins
Total cost: 1.50 pounds (60p for pasta, 40p for canned plum tomato, 20p for oiled anchovy, 30p for other veggies)